Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Back to Work!

I went back to work today! Okay, not really, but I am on the rotation to volunteer in JR's class. I "worked" from 9-11 today, and I was really impressed. I'm not sure how the teachers get all those 4 year olds to do all the activities they do. The best part was that I got to see all the kids JR has been talking about at home. JR talks about Kevin all the time, so when I would ask him what Kevin looked liked JR would say, "He looks like me." Well, I guess you can guess what Kevin looks like....that's right, he's Asian! I should have known since JR thinks he's Chinese! Miracle was there sporting her "balloon hair" as JR calls it. JR says he doesn't like it when Miracle wears "balloon hair". (Just so you know "balloon hair" is what I've always known as "Afro puffs") There's another kid named Hassad. JR hadn't talked about him, and I'm guessing all the other kids must be scared of him. He's almost as big as me. He has to be at least 7. I asked the classroom aid about him and she said, "Well, his parents say he's 5, so we have to go with what the parents say." If that kid is 5, he's the largest 5 year old in the world. The little girl who sits next to JR is named Cadence. She's very quiet and cute with long pigtails. Luckily, she doesn't seem bothered with JR's endless questions and comments. "Are you having fun, Cadence?" "Do you like this, Cadence?" "Look at my picture, Cadence." Thank goodness Cadence is patient! It was a fun time and I'm excited to be able to volunteer again. I guess I need to rest up, we have church choir tonight....That sure is a bunch of 4 year olds to deal with in one day!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Sounds like fun! I, too, admire anyone that can "direct" that many small children successfully. That is the exact reason I never finished my kindergarden certification!!!