Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fa La La La La

I can honestly tell you that I am worn out tonight. You might recall from one of my previous posts that I was "helping out" in JR's church choir class. Well, the "teacher" has been MIA for 3 weeks now, so I've been having a blast with 15-20 four year olds on Wednesday nights. (Can you hear the sarcasm?) We have been working on Away in the Manger and Jingle Bells (complete with bells for the kids) for the past few weeks. The kids are singing the Call to Worship in church on December 2nd, and remember we attend Second Baptist here in Houston, so when I say they are "singing in church" what that really means is "they're singing in front of about 2,000 people". So really, there's no pressure whatsoever. Now I know some of you are thinking that I might be exaggerating that I'm really responsible for that many 4 year olds by myself, so here's the proof....Here's a picture of the ones that were there tonight.





Count 'em...there's 16! You might also be thinking, "But look how sweet they look." Well, yes, in that posed picture they look pretty innocent. But here's what they look like when I'm trying to get them to sing Away in the Manger.








And just in case you still need more evidence, here they are in action. Since they were somewhat "good" tonight, I let them show off their best moves to the song Jazz Fly before they went home.


Every Wednesday I am reminded why I taught junior high and not elementry....Nighty-Night!

No comments: