Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tomorrow's the Big Day

We are gearing up for Halloween around here. Of course my house is a mixture of undecorated Christmas trees and Halloween decorations right now. Christmas decorations go up right after Halloween in these parts, and this year I thought an extra day or two wouldn't hurt. Plus I need all the time I can get to decorate since at my fastest I can only move in a slow waddle. JR has a "Storybook Parade" at school tomorrow. They are supposed to come dressed as a storybook character and then bring the book with them. I was going to go ahead and just send him up there dressed as a Power Ranger, but he brought home a note today saying that they have to "be able to use the restroom independently in their costumes". Well, those of you with boys know that all the superhero costumes have lots of pieces and they all zip up in the back. I was also worried about him getting too hot with the cape and mask and such, so I talked him into using a train engineer costume we have and taking a Thomas the Train book. I know Thomas can't compare to the coolness of the Power Rangers with the preschool crowd, but hopefully it won't scar him for life. I'm guessing Thomas is cooler than Nemo, because he was REALLY not interested in wearing his Nemo costume. All should be right with the world for Halloween night though, because then he will get to wear the all important Batman costume. And for those of you wanting to brush up on your Chinese, Batman's Chinese name is "Ban-Fu". That's the only one I would have ever been able to figure out, Spiderman and Superman's names don't sound like their English names at all. Hopefully I'll have some good pictures and even better stories for tomorrow!

No comments: