Friday, November 9, 2007

Nutcracker Market

I made my first trip to the Nutcracker Market today, and judging by the amount of women that were there, I'm guessing I'm one of the few that hadn't ever been before. Allison invited me to go with her, which was awesome because Allison always has VIP tickets to everything, and this was no exception. I felt pretty cool when we flashed our special white tickets and got to prance right past the crowd waiting outside. Women were literally lined up waiting for the doors to open! Since we had the special tickets, we got to shop before it opened to the public. There were SO many beautiful Christmas things; and I made it a point to try all the food samples...yum! Women were definitely in a buying frenzy today. Allison and I were standing in front of a display that had 3 reindeer on it talking about how cute they were, when two women pretty much knocked Allison down to grab two of the reindeer! We figured we better act fast if she wanted one. Being that I'm not much help with lifting or stretching these days, poor Allison was trying to reach the last reindeer up on a pedestal without knocking the rest of the display down. She finally got it with a little help from some nice women who were passing by, and she literally got at least 25 compliments on it from the time she bought it until the time we left. So here she is with the must have reindeer of the season!

I didn't buy anything, but I had a blast looking and hanging out with Allison...Thanks, Al for the great tickets and fun day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO JEALOUS! I've always wanted to go. Allison looks so pretty and so does the reindeer. (MR)

Me Me Me said...

Oh thank you!!!

I had a great time too, Jan! Will see you again SOON!

Kristi said...

I've always wanted to go to the Nutcracker Market, too! It sounds crazy and fun all at the same time. Somehow, I don't think I could get much done with Monsters 1 & 2 in tow...