Saturday, January 26, 2008

First Night/First Day

I'd like to begin today by stating the obvious...two babies are a lot more work that one baby. Actually, they are both really good, it's just a lot more time consuming to feed two babies every 3 hours. Jason has been awesome, he has fed one of the babies at every feeding, so I'm not actually sure how long it is going to take me to feed them both by myself. I'm thinking it's going to be about around and hour and half minimum, as Jason and I can get everything that needs to be done in about an hour. Jason has taken on the job of bottle preparer, which is great. He gets all the bottles that we will use in 24 hours ready at one time. You should see what 16 bottles all lined up looks like, not much room for anything else on the top shelf of our fridge! They seem to be enjoying being together. I keep moving them apart so they won't wake each other up, but they somehow seem to keep scooting closer together. Kyle seems to always be touching Reed's face or arm. One time I walked by and he had Reed's hand in his mouth! I guess they are used to each other, they don't ever wake each other up, even if one is crying.


We got out of the house for a little while today. JR's fever hasn't come back, and he seems to be back to normal (although he is taking a nap right now). We decided to go outside for a little while. So JR rode his 4-wheeler around while I pushed the babies in their stroller. They slept through the whole thing, but it was nice for all of us to get some fresh air!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are SO cute! maw-maw

JoAnn/Jerry said...

The pictures of the twins brings back so many wonderful memories for us!! Even though it was a lot of work, the joy exceeds it all! We had 3 teenagers and a 6 year old also, and we all shared in the fun!! Some days I didn't think would ever end, but now realize how quickly it all passed!!

JoAnn/Jerry

Anonymous said...

I love the sweet pix! It's great that Jason is such a fantastic dad--having those bottles ready is a great relief for you. And wasn't the sunshine nice for a change. So did it take more time to get ready for the stroll than the stroller ride actually took? I'm glad you have the time to keep us all up-to-date with the pix and commentary! Love ya...Lu

Me Me Me said...

How sweet! I love how they are always touching!

Kristi said...

they are so adorable! glad to hear that JR is feeling better!