Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Kyle's First Test

When I went to feed Kyle today he was having his PH/Sleep test. I'm not sure if it is called a "PH test" or a "sleep test" since I have heard the nurses refer to it both ways. Basically they have put a little tube in his nose that goes down his throat and then measures the acidity in his throat. They are trying to see if it is reflux causing his Bradycardias and if it is, they can tell how bad his reflux is. This test will also show us if his Bradycardias are bad enough for him to come home on a monitor, or if he can come home sans monitor. They started the test around 10:30 this morning and it is a 6 hour test, so he should be all finished when we get there for his 8:00 feeding tonight. The only problem now is we just have to wait. They send the test to Texas Children's (as do all the hospitals in Houston) and then Texas Children's reads all the tests once a week. So, I'll let you know the results when we know them. JR is feeling better today. He is still coughing, but his fever is gone, so he'll be going back to school tomorrow...Yeah! Reed is still doing good. He is eating and sleeping well, and he loves being the baby brother. Speaking of Reed, I'm watching Jason try to change his diaper right now....there's some definite action going on over there, as Reed just peed all over the wall...somehow Jason stayed out of the line of fire! he!he! Thanks again for all your well wishes and prayers!

2 comments:

Me Me Me said...

I'm praying that Kyle's test goes well!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for good test results too! I am glad to hear that JR is better also. It is so trying to have sick children, much less one sick at home and another in the hospital AND another at home! My how full is your plate! I love you...Lu