Wednesday, January 9, 2008

They're Heeerreeee....

I'm officially off bed rest since the boys are here! Hopefully this will be my one and only blog entry from my hospital bed (love wireless internet!) Seems like my mom was right...I guess I was a little more "touch and go" than I thought I was, and the babies were actually "coming any day". Jason and JR came home Sunday night from JR's favorite cousin, Caleb's birthday party and I was unusually hungry. As Jason puts it, I "ate more than he had seen me eat the whole time I was pregnant". I feel asleep about 10:30 and got up at 12:30 with terrible indigestion. I didn't know what it was, but I knew that I couldn't breathe and that I hurt really bad. At 2:30 AM I told Jason we needed to go to the hospital because I was really worried about fluid being on my lungs. We were in the emergency room until about 5:30 AM and that's when my contractions started. They sent me up to labor and delivery and tried to stop the contractions all day (I was on an IV of magnesium), but they never could get them under control. Around 9:30 PM on Monday they took blood and said my magnesium levels were too high. At that point we really had no other choice, and it was time for the babies to come. So, at 10:17 PM January 7th Kyle Garic Ingersoll was born and at 10:18 PM Reed Jason Ingersoll was born. Kyle came in at 5 lbs 4 oz and Reed was 4 lbs 15 oz (for those of you keeping score at home, that's 10 lbs 3 oz of babies I was waddling around with!) Poor Jason was still in his pajama bottoms from the night before and the only camera we had was Granny Sherry's cell phone! We definitely weren't prepared for the big night (Kristi, you can see I tried really hard to have them on Caleb's birthday!) The boys are in the NICU and are doing good. I still call them "The Big One" and "The Little One". The Big One needed a little oxygen at first so he slept under a little oxygen bubble hood, and he had a feeding tube in his nose for awhile, but he has since gotten rid of both of those. The Little One looks just like a mini JR and he has been such a big man, no oxygen or feeding tube for him...and just like JR he loves his pacifier! They still have lots of machines monitoring them and they both have IVs, but the nurse told me today that are going to let them starting sharing a crib as soon as they are ready. I'm sure they miss each other! JR has been excited about his new duty as big brother, and is also doing good. I'm sure we will all have plenty of rough days ahead when we all get home, so I'm just going to enjoy the calm right now. I want to thank all of you for all your prayers and well wishes. I can tell you that we have seen them answered and in action! I don't have any pictures for now, but I'll be sure to get some posted when I get home. Looks like I will be heading home Friday afternoon, and hopefully the babies can follow about a week after. Love to all from all FIVE of us!

3 comments:

Me Me Me said...

YEA!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE!!!!! I love you guys!

Kristi said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to meet them!

Anonymous said...

I am excited for each of you and am anxious to meet "the big one" and "the little one". Love ya...Lu