Monday, January 21, 2008

When It Rains....

I haven't posted anything new because things around here have been/are pretty crazy. Our child who has "never been sick", got sick. JR has never really been sick or had a fever (I think the sickest he has ever been was when he threw up on a train ride to Shanghai). Wouldn't you know it, we bring a preemie home and Saturday JR comes down with a cough and 103 fever. He is still sick with both this morning, so we are doing our best to keep JR upstairs while Reed and I have pretty much moved into the master bedroom. Kyle has decided that he is going to make the NICU his permanent residence. Over the weekend his bradycardias seem to be getting worse instead of better. Hopefully we will find out today what our/his next step is. Other than the bradycardias he's doing great; he's laying up there enjoying the nurses and trying to be the first 10 pound baby in the NICU...his weight is now up to 5 lbs 11 oz! Reed is eating good and sleeping pretty good. He was up from 2-5 AM last night, but he doesn't really cry...just lots of squeaks and plenty of hiccups. Jason has already nicknamed him Squeaker. Poor Hunter is trying to stay as close to Jason as possible. Now that Reed is here, I don't want him anywhere around the baby or me...He's busy trying to figure out why he has been downgraded to the foot of the bed and why I don't want him in my lap. Hopefully I'll have some news to pass along about Kyle soon!

Here's Kyle working on his 10 pound baby in the NICU status, and Reed doing his imitation of Sweet Pea from Popeye.


3 comments:

Kristi said...

Poor JR! I hope he feels better really soon and doesn't pass it on to anyone else. Being sick is no fun!!!

And be sure to tell Kyle that his family is really cool and can't wait to meet him! I pray that this past weekend will be the last of his bradycardia episodes. (did I spell that right?)

Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

I hate that JR has gotten sick! Hopefully the sickness will be short lived. I know it has been a very trying weekend! and poor Hunter he must think he has been thrown out with the dishwater.
Love y'all...Lu

Anonymous said...

Nothing like being "kicked to the curb". mom