Tuesday, April 8, 2008

4/8/08

Isn't my new banner cute? Allison made it for me. Any changes you see in my banner in the future, just know that Allison is the creative mind behind it. The babies had another good night last night....they slept til 4:15. Woo-hoo! I have them on a 3 1/2 hour schedule now that they are 3 months. I know it's only an extra 30 minutes, but I feel like I have all the time in the world between feedings.
I have a funny JR story to share today. On his way to bed last night he wandered through our room. The TV was on, and since it was 8:00 PM on Monday night it was tuned to TLC for our favorite show Jon and Kate Plus 8. Now I know I've blogged about this show before, but I just have too again. JR was drawn to the TV like a moth to a flame. He screamed, "Mommy, 'The Bad Kid Show' is on!" He jumped on our bed, started watching, and was mesmerized. I don't think I could have forced him to bed if I tried. What's funny is JR doesn't like ANY television shows that aren't cartoons. In fact, any TV show that doesn't have cartoon characters he calls an "Adult Show". He hasn't watched "The Bad Kid Show" that many times, but he already knows all the kids' names. I still get confused on which one is which since they are part Korean, but of course JR has no problem telling them apart. He was giving me the play-by-play on the show during the commercials. "Mommy, It's Lex-us (Alexis) and Toll-in's (Collin) days." (The parents are trying to take each kid out individually and spend some time with them.) This really upset JR because the kids were being really good since they were one-on-one with their parents. But then, hallelujah, they cut to poor Aunt Jodie's house where she is babysitting the 7 other kids. JR really perked up then. JR, in a very serious and animated voice : "Mommy, Madeline hit and punched and kicked Aden. Then she shoved Hannah and threw the stroller!" Cue my time to talk about how she is really bad and we don't do those things, and she is going to get in a lot of trouble. Later in the show, they show the kids "napping". This consists of the kids running around the room with covers on their heads and them jumping on, off, and across the beds. JR then discusses with me how bad these kids are being when they should be napping, and how he, perfect JR, lays down quietly and doesn't talk during nap time at school. (That part is actually true because they don't get to watch a movie on Friday during nap time if they aren't quiet the rest of the week). So, Jon and Kate, yet again, thank you for your show! It is an invaluable teaching tool in proper behavior for a 4 year old.

1 comment:

Me Me Me said...

I am so glad you like the banners!
Yea! for 30 minutes! ;)
I should invest in that show on DVD!