Sunday, April 6, 2008

Austin Trip

Okay, so I know my family is going to be super upset with me that I don't have more pictures on here. But, Unfortunately, something crazy was going on with my camera because all my pictures are blurry. I was able to salvage these, but hopefully everybody else's gift shop disposable cameras worked better than mine. The Family Land Heritage Ceremony was held in the House Chamber so that was really neat. My parents got to sit on the floor of the house and then we all sat in the balcony. Here's a picture of them on the floor that I took from the balcony. I didn't get to see the actual ceremony. Nobody told us we had to have a seat to stay in the room or that we couldn't have our stroller in the room until the program was starting. Jason took Reed and found a seat across the room from me. I had JR and Kyle...JR on my knee and Kyle in my arms. As you can imagine neither of them was comfortable so that didn't work so well. Kyle started fussing just as Rick Perry (he's the governor for all you non Texans) started his speech. Kyle and I went outside and I came back in when they started presenting the awards. I got to see my mom and dad accept their award, and then the kids and I went back outside...Jason wasn't too far behind me. The presentation of the awards was nice. My parents accepted their award from Todd Staples, the Texas Agriculture Commissioner, and then had their picture made with him. Jason and JR had never been to the Capitol before, so they looked around while we waited outside.

Here we are inside the Capitol and then Kyle waiting on Daddy to bring Reed to join him.


JR proud to be a Texan


My cousins Quinn, Angie and Lu and my parents. (Check out my mom's pose, now you know where I get my flair for the dramatics.)


A picture of us where you can see the babies, and their first night in a hotel room.

That night we all went to Salt Lick and ate yummy, yummy BBQ. It was a really fun day and I was so happy that so many of my cousins made the trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes,it was a fun family day. I was glad they we were all able to attend this very special day. Uncle John even wore Daddy Bill's wedding ring. The event made me very glad and blessed to be part of a strong family with deep Texas roots. Lu

Me Me Me said...

We were thinking of y'all!

Kristi said...

I'm sorry that I had to miss such a special day. I know it meant so much to your parents! I love that our family has preserved its history...so many people don't anymore. Sorry that your camera messed up on you...I would love to have seen some more pics from the ceremony!