Friday, April 25, 2008

A Note From Jason-Part 2

I've saved up all Jason's emails from the week. Since I only get a sentence or two a day, I figured I'd bundle them all together. I don't have any answers to questions you might have. I haven't talked to him, and as you can see, descriptive writing is not Jason's forte. I can promise you that if I had been on the trip I would have pages full of blogs for you...but instead, you only get a few sentences. I have put my own comments in red to fill you in on any background information.

Tuesday, 4/22
I wrote the wrong animal. She was going after the rhino. (He had written that his stepmom, Elizabeth, was going after a lion in his previous email.) She got her rhino and I got mine this afternoon. It was unbelievable, I was within 10 yards in thick brush and he could not see us. We were crawling on our stomachs. Dad was really excited with the picture of all 3 of us. It even brought back memories for me. We miss you and JR was really excited about sitting on the rhino.

Wednesday, 4/23
Well we had another good day. Dad got a copper springbuck and I got a black wilderbeast (now we have a blue and a black to hang on the wall). JR did really good today, elizabeth said she could not believe how good he was. Tomorrow we are going to look at lions for JR. I would love to shoot one.

Thursday, 4/24
JR wanted me to email you and tell you that he got all of his words right with no help. (I made them take JR's sight word flash cards that he is supposed to know for school.) JR goes hunting with us every day. He stays in the truck until I shot then they come to the animal for pictures. He likes sitting on them and touching them. Dad usually watches him in the truck if I am not there but elizabeth watched him while dad went with me after the rhino. He watches his dvd's or plays his games. He seems to love hunting so far he got to shoot the rhino dart gun and hit the bullseye both times.

Thursday, 4/24- second email
Well you will not believe this. He is going to let me try for a lion. Can you believe it? I have 2 days to try and get one. Tomorrow could be exciting.

Friday, 4/25
Well we have a lion. I shot a big male. You will not believe the hunt.How are you and the boys hanging in? Have they been good? We have to figure out where to put the lion when we get back. It is really big. JR wants you to get everything ready for his birthday party, that is his main concern right now.We miss you.

Any suggestions on where I'm going to stick a lion in my house? Sigh.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Lovelady Lions (or "loins" as my 3rd graders used to write) would love that trophy for the gym. The Lion Queen

Me Me Me said...

Ohh Ohh Ohh over the bed?? Or in the foyer as a welcome to guests???? :p

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Lion Queen. Lu

Anonymous said...

I suggest the attic, but I suppose that is totally out of the question - how about the garage in place of his car. I am afraid the foyer might be the winner on this one!!!!

Granny Sherry

Kristi said...

ummm...no suggestions. Although, I would put it by my front door to defend my home from annoying teenage magazine peddlers.