Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Toy Trilogy Part II

Today’s Edition: Toys That Were Worth Saving All These Years

All of the toys you see here today have been enjoyed by JR, and were some of my favorites when I was growing up.

Toys #1-5 Mayor Fox’s Town Center Puzzle Town, Constructo Straws, Play Family School, Weeble Wobble Tree House, Puzzles

By far the best of all these toys is Mayor Fox’s Town Center Puzzle Town. They had one of these at the library and I loved it so much that my mom got one for me. It’s so much fun and still has all the pieces. The other really great things they saved were my old puzzles (I took a picture of just one, but there’s a bunch of them.) I sound like an old person when I say it, but it’s so true…they just don’t make ‘em like they used too. JR loves to do all my old puzzles with my dad. And out of all the puzzles, only one piece is missing (it’s a fork from a puzzle of a place setting). When JR gets to that one he loves to say, “Mommy lost this piece!”

Toy #6- All my riding toys

This is just a sampling of them, but JR has ridden them all. My tricycle you see in the picture still has a Sea-Arama bumper sticker on it…How many of you Houstonians remember Sea-Arama in Galveston? There’s even a “Remembering Sea-Arama” website! http://www.seaarama.zoomshare.com/

Toy #7- Spring Rocking Horse

My dad did give it a small makeover, and JR loved it. He could really get that thing rockin’. And I’m guessing they probably don’t make these anymore due to safety reasons…and if they do make them, they probably come with a 3-harness seat belt and a helmet.

Toy #8- Milky The Moo Cow

I still remember getting Milky for Christmas one year. To get Milky to make milk you would unscrew her utters from her body and put these white tablets in there. I’m sure water was also involved somehow, but I don’t remember how. After you put her utters back on you would pump her tail up and down and…WaaLa…milk! Now to be fair, Milky isn’t really used as a toy…as you can see, she’s a decorative item on the top of my parents’ fridge. But, she is still in use!

Tune in tomorrow for: Toys That Aren't Around Anymore (this edition will be very short!)

4 comments:

Me Me Me said...

Oh my gosh! I loved the Weeble Weeble Tree House!! And Milky the Moo Cow!! So funny!!!!

Anonymous said...

Micky Gilly took his model of the bucking bull from the old "spring rocking horse. MR

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember Sea Arama--now the site is a Movie Cinema and PutPut Golf (do they still call it that?)

Lu

Kristi said...

Oh! I remember Sea Arama, too!