Thursday, June 5, 2008

Baby Talk 4


Reed (on left): Hey Everybody! Kyle and I were just hanging out. Guess what? We got dedicated to the church last Sunday.
Kyle: We sure did, check out our picture from the big event!



R: Don't we all look so cute?
K: Well, Mommy,Daddy, and I look cute, but look at you...you spit up on yourself.
R: Well at least I didn't have to have a pacifier in my mouth in front of the whole church.
K: Whatever, dude, let's just show them what we got!



R: Look! We got little baby bibles.
K: And they even have our names on them.
R: Yep, now we can take them to church with us for our Sunday School lessons.
K: So now that we're "dedicated" does that mean we were "baptised"?


R: Agh! Oh my goodness! I can't believe you just asked that question! They totally went over that in Sunday School the other day.
K: Oh, are we like supposed to pay attention in Sunday School? Man, that's really hard to do; I mean, it's a whole room with old ladies and swings. Old ladies and swings mean one thing to me....nap time!


R: There, there big brother. Not to worry. I'll explain the whole thing to you.


R: You see, we're Baptist and Baptist believe that you need to make the decision on your own to be baptised. And we're still too little to make that decision for ourselves. So when we got dedicated, Mommy and Daddy said that they would bring us to church and do their best to teach us about God and Jesus.
K: Hummm, that's a lot of stuff to remember, maybe I shouldn't be taking so many naps during Sunday School.
R: Did you miss the part on praying? I guess I'll have to show you how to do that too.


R: So put your hands like this...
K: Like this?
R: Yeah, that's pretty good. And then you thank God for the things you have and then ask him for the things you need. Go ahead...try it.
K: Okay, Dear God, Thank you that I have Reed to snuggle with at night and could you please help him to cry softer cause sometimes it can hurt my ears. Amen


R: And let me give you a blessing, I have a feeling you're going to need it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Ed Young never dedicaated two cuter babies. And did I mention smart? And that's coming from a dedicated Presbyterian.

Kristi said...

LOL!!! That's the best "Baby Talk" so far!

Anonymous said...

My goodness, those babies are getting into some heavy thinking these days. They'll be TEACHING Sunday School before long!!!!

G.S.

Anonymous said...

I love the praying picture.
So do you have lots of fun posing the babies, are do you just shoot pix and then write the story? Maybe I'm asking for your author's secret!
Lu

Jan said...

People think I spent a lot of time posing them, but unless I have a prop (like the bibles or JR's birthday presents) I just sit/lay them there and just snap away. Thank goodness for digital. Then I write the story line with the pictures that I get. It's really a very quick process.

Anonymous said...

Your Gramma Sherry told me about your "Baby Talk" blog. She's right, it's fun to listen in on your conversations and follow your activities. Did you know your mama is extremely clever?
From "another" S.S. teacher...
Ms Galen












g