Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back in the Pack

Guest Blogger of the Day: Hunter Ingersoll

It's been getting better for me here at the Ingersoll house; it was pretty touch and go there for awhile. Of course I've been through this before. Mommy loved me more than anything before JR was born. She and Daddy would even take me over to Granny Sherry's house to "babysit" me if they were going out because they felt bad that I had been at home all day alone. Then JR showed up. I knew he was coming because I would lay on Mommy's stomach and listen to him kick and jump. I thought we all were going to be one big happy family, and I did my best to take care of JR. See, look at me guarding him; I wasn't letting anybody get near OUR baby. But, Mommy didn't seem to want my help. She'd get mad when I would bark. She'd yell at me that I had woken up the baby. I tried to explain that I was just doing my job (I'm in charge of inside security; Harley's in charge of outside security), but she was still mad. Just as things were getting better, She and Daddy moved away to China and left me with Granny Sherry. My feelings were pretty hurt that they didn't take me, but Daddy said it was for the best that I stay with Granny. Living at Granny's house was fun. She gave me lots of treats and I got to have wet dog food along with the dry stuff Mommy and Daddy make me eat. But, Granny was all into physical fitness. She would make me get up and walk with her at 4 AM everyday. I kept trying to tell her I didn't want to go by hiding under the bed, but she insisted that I loved it, so off I went every morning. She also gave me a bath just about every weekend, and as handsome as I looked, I could have done without that too. I was really excited to move back in with Mommy and Daddy when they came back to Houston. Mommy never made me get up and walk, and she always let me sleep where I wanted in the bed. When she went on bedrest with the twins I was the perfect nurse. I layed with her 24 hours a day, and just to make sure she knew I was there with her, I always layed on her legs or stomach. But then the babies came home. She was even worse than she had been with JR. She kept yelling something about them being preemies, and she wouldn't let me anywhere near them or her. I think she thought some of my dog germs would get on her or something. Anyway, now that the babies are getting bigger, things are really getting better around here. She's started petting me again, and as even started calling me her "beautiful show Bichon" again. She's even letting me get near the babies...Check me out! Yep, looks like things are getting back to normal, thank goodness. I was about ready to pack my bags and go back to Granny Sherry's 4 AM walking regime!

No comments: