Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Going Postal Part 2

Look at these pitiful little faces. You know what that means don't you? Oh yes, no package. Will somebody please explain to me how a package can get lost in transit from our house to the post office. How can a package come all the way from Beijing and gets lost 3 streets from our house?! And believe me, I've asked that same question every time I've called in the last 3 weeks. Here's the highlights from yesterday's conversation:
Me: "Just tell me, 'too bad for you; we lost it' that's all I want to hear you say."
Post Office Lady: "We'll keep looking for it."
Me: "Do packages just show up that have been missing for half a month? Is that something that commonly happens?"
P.O.L. "Well, No."
Me: "So basically you've lost my package, and there's nothing I can do about it.
P.O.L. "This kind of thing never really happens..."
And on and on it went. So to make a long story short, JR won't be getting his package. I'm not as upset about JR not getting his toys (he's got plenty of those) as I am that his Ayi spent $50 of her own money to buy things for him and ship them to him. Needless to say, I'm completely frustrated, but I think my feelings can be best expressed by the eloquentness of Kramer in Seinfeld episode number 161:
Postal Employee: "May I help you?"
Kramer: "Yeah, I'd like to cancel my mail."
Postal Employee: "Certainly. How long would you like us to hold it?"
Kramer: "Oh, no, no. I don't think you get me. I want out, permanently."
Newman: "I'll handle this, Violet. Why don't you take your three hour break? Oh, calm down, everyone. No one's cancelling any mail."
Kramer: "Oh, yes, I am."
Newman: "What about your bills?"
Kramer: "The bank can pay 'em."
Newman: "The bank. What about your cards and letters?"
Kramer: "E-mail, telephones, fax machines. Fedex, telex, telegrams,holograms."
Newman: "All right, it's true! Of course nobody needs mail. What do you think, you're so clever for figuring that out? But you don't know the half of what goes on here. So just walk away, Kramer. I beg of you."
Supervisor: "Is everything all right here, Postal Employee Newman?"
Newman: "Yes, sir, I believe everything is all squared away. Isn't it, Mr.Kramer?"
Kramer: "Oh, yeah. As long as I stop getting mail!"

3 comments:

Kristi said...

OH no! Poor JR.
I LOVE that scene from Seinfeld. Sorry for your PO frustrations.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another trip to Toys R Us for JR - He CAN tell the P.O. Lady how to get there if they want to replace the package. He can find Toys R Us from anywhere!!!!

Voice of experience - G.S.

Me Me Me said...

Poor JR! You "sounded" very calm in your post, but I think I would have totally lost it!