Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lounging by the Pool

So when people ask me how I spent the summer I'll be quick to reply, "Oh, I spent most of it beside the pool..." Sounds serene doesn't it? Yeah, not so much. Telling people I've spent the summer at the pool is, of course, all true. I've been at the pool everyday (except Sundays) since the first week of May. As I've said before, this swim team stuff is serious business, but glamorous it is not. Really, it's just plain hot. But not in a Paris Hilton, 'that's hot' kind of a way. I'm talking, Texas heat and humidity hot. Sure it's 10:00 in the morning and I'm sitting on a picnic bench in the shade, but as my mom would say, "It's H-O-T hot". Luckily, the 3 boys I load up and drag to swim team every morning don't seem to notice the heat; they think the pool is the most fabulous place in the world. JR comes down the stairs everyday at 7:00AM fully dressed in swimsuit, goggles, swim cap (which he calls his "headband") with towel in hand. The little boys love it too. Reed starts trying to jump out of his car carrier the second we get there. They're under the impression "swim team" is a place where ladies and teenage girls line up and take turns holding them. Every little expression, coo, or cry they let out is met with an immediate response. Our last swim meet was so hot one lady brought me a cup of ice and a bottle of water to cool off the babies. Not to be outdone, somebody else ran off and got them crushed ice from the snowcone machine. Oh yes, only the best for our Ingersoll boys. So I guess I'm the only one who's getting a little worn out from swim team. But, as long as the boys love it, that's all that matters....JR's even convinced he wins every race. With that said, I'll leave you with this....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course he wins every race. Half of winning is having that First Place smile at the awards ceremony. MM

Kristi said...

JR - you are doing GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

That smile warranted my desktop over the twins - what a trooper - winning is all about finishing and that you do a really great great job at. Proud of you JR - of course you probably already knew that by the 'lil gray headed ole lady' jumping up and down all along the way!

Granny S

Anonymous said...

way to go JR!--Aunt Lu