Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Party's Over!

Well, we have successfully completed our nonstop, week-long celebration of JR's 5th birthday. The party was great, and can you believe it...it didn't rain! It was typical hot and humid Houston weather, perfect for lots of water activities. Speaking of activities, I actually had some games planned out for them, but with 9 boys and 2 girls at the party, they were having none of that. Mental note for next year: More Waterballoons. I thought they had gone Lord of the Flies on me when I heard a chant of "WA-TER BALLONS! WA-TER BALLONS!" Luckily, I was on my way with the cake and apparently 5 year old boys enjoy cake just about as much as they enjoy waterballoons. The slip-n-slide, waterguns, and crazy sprinkler were also all a big hit. And if you're wondering about the "theme" of the party....Well, JR wanted Transformer invitations, we got him a Spiderman moonwalk, and then the moonwalk place made us a deal on a Superman pinata. I told JR he was having a Transformer, Spiderman, Superman party; he thought he'd hit the party theme jackpot. A big thanks to all of you who came out and helped make it a special day for JR, he really had a blast! A slideshow of the day is in the next post, I wasn't computer savvy enough to include it in this one.

2 comments:

Me Me Me said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!
Perfect weather for water filled fun!

Kristi said...

The slide show is great! The boys had such a fantastic time playing...and it was a good break for me, too! :)