Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama

Day 1 of our road trip was quite successful. I'm writing to you tonight from Daphne, Alabama. Tomorrow it's another 8 or so hours of driving until we arrive in Charleston, South Carolina to spend the week with our friends from Beijing, Gary and Anita. Here are the highlights from today.
Here's my view of the car as we were pulling out of the garage at about 7:00 AM. Think we've got enough stuff?

I have no documentation of our drive through Louisiana, and if I did, it would only be pictures of road work and stand-still traffic. Houstonians, if you're tired of the traffic around The Woodlands or on the Katy Freeway, just take a drive through Louisiana, you'll start thinking Houston traffic is fabulous.

We stopped and had lunch in Mississippi. We kicked it old school style and ate sandwiches at the rest area. It actually worked out great since everybody needed to run around and stretch.




Of course the babies weren't running around, but they did need to stretch. So, we brought out to bouncy chairs so they could kick and rock for awhile.

And we wrapped up tonight here in Alabama with a trip to the standard vacation eatery, Cracker Barrel. As you can see JR kept himself busy, Kyle just wanted a nap, and Reed was playing his new favorite game, "when I get in a restaurant I'm going to scream at the top of my lungs and disturb everybody around me so Mommy and Daddy have to hold me the whole time we're there".











No comments: