Thursday, June 26, 2008

That's MY baby!

Okay, so I'm forewarning you, I'm going to have to be the braggadocios mom here for a second. Monday was JR's last swim meet (we have the end of the season swimteam party tonight) and he did the best he has ever done. I was worried when he jumped in the water because that's exactly what he did, 'jumped in', he didn't 'dive in' like he usually does. But then he took off swimming like a man possessed. All of us in JR's cheering section were so excited you would have thought he had just scored the winning touch down in the Superbowl. Granny Sherry was jumping up and down screaming, Jason was screaming, "Go, JR! Good Job, JR!" and me, always ever so demure and understated in competitive situations was screaming, "JR! You're Winning! You're Beating Everybody...By A Lot! You're Beating Them All!" So much for "we just want you to try your hardest". It was so great to see JR doing something really well; I'm so used to watching him do karate moves during soccer games, or beating up the other kids who get to the ball before he does in t-ball. So without further ado, the winning picture of MY baby. As you can see, JR had already touched the wall and was just waiting for everybody else to finish the race. Woo-Hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a guy ! I'm bustin' my buttons I'm so proud. Maw maw

Kristi said...

Wow, JR! You are GREAT!!!