Thursday, June 12, 2008

Yep, He's Mine

When I was around JR's age one of my parents said to the other, "What are we going to do for our anniversary?" It was at that moment that I started planning what WE were going to do for OUR anniversary. For years my parents had to spend their anniversary going to Astroworld, the zoo, iceskating, or any of the other fun things I had planned for US to do on OUR special day. To this day if you ask them what they're going to do for their anniversary they'll jokingly tell you their going to Astroworld or Pipe Organ Pizza. So yesterday I had to call my mom immediately and tell her, that, yes, JR is definitely my kid.
JR: "Mommy, I know what I want to get you for your birthday."
Me: "That's sweet JR. What is it?"
JR: "I think you want a trip to Schlitterbahn, and then the next day we can go to Fiesta Texas! Is that what you want for YOUR birthday?"
Me: "Oh, JR, I would love to do that for my birthday. That sounds like lots of fun."
JR: With a big smile...."I thought you'd want to do those things."

Yep, he's mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

JR is a VERY thoughtful child--planning fun activities for mommy's birthday! Hope you have fun at your grown up birthday party! Happy 25th birthday!
Love ya....Lu

Me Me Me said...

I wanna go to Schlitterbahn too! :)

Anonymous said...

Count me in on the Schlitterbahn for OUR anniversary!

Kristi said...

Hope you had a great birthday!!!