Saturday, July 5, 2008

Charleston Day 5- Last Day

It was back out on the boat for 4th of July in Charleston. I celebrated the 4th by staying home with the babies and hanging out with them. We headed down to The Battery (which is downtown Charleston) for fireworks over Charleston Harbor. Oh, I also forget to mention that one of the days we also went to the neighborhood pool. I'm including a picture so you can see what JR did the entire time we were there. The babies even went swimming! Jason and I have really enjoyed the weather, I wore jeans last night (because I thought the ocean breeze was a bit chilly for this native Houstonian.) I can honestly say I have NEVER worn jeans on 4th of July before. Can you imagine jeans in Houston on the 4th?...it makes me sweat just thinking about it! See all these cute little girls in sundresses? They were so cold they were wrapping themselves up in towels and blankets and JR, our child that sweats nonstop, even said he was cold.
A huge thank you to our Beijing buddies, Gary and Anita, for showing us such a fabulous time and to Meredith and Madison for being perfect hostesses to JR!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a vacation! Gary and Anita have really set the bar high for entertaining. JR won't have to be wrapping up in a towel here at Windy Hill.