Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oh, That's Too Bad...

I think I've mentioned before that Jason has no problem with most telemarketers, of course he just wants to mess with them, but I always get frustrated with him since I don't understand why he wastes the time to do it. As much as it aggravates me that he talks to them, he did crack me (and himself) up the other night. A lady called and started her sales pitch on how she had a great opportunity for him, and it wasn't a timeshare, nope not a timeshare, and how we needed to come check it out... blah, blah, blah...when she was finished Jason said, "Humm, it's too bad it's not a timeshare. I love timeshares, I'm looking to buy one, but since you're not selling a timeshare, I guess I'm not interested."
Telemarketer: "Ummmm....You mean, you like timeshares?"
Jason: "Sure do, too bad your not selling a timeshare."
Telemarketer thinks she's had a bright idea: "Ummmm....Would you hold on, I'll transfer you to our timeshare department!"
Jason: "Oh, sure. I'll hold on."
Telemarketer with her hand over the phone. Jason can still hear her: "This guy likes timeshares! What do I do?"
Jason hangs up phone.
I have to admit, that one was actually pretty funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jason - that lady is still scratching her head over that one!!!!

GS

Anonymous said...

Any idea what I can say to the Car warranty man? He's been calling for a year.

Anonymous said...

Yeah--the car warranty folks call almost everyday for the "last call". Jason gets an Emmy for that performance. Lu