Friday, July 25, 2008

Superhero Graduation

JR graduated from Superhero Academy today (AKA: VBS is finished). They even gave them a diploma, so now JR thinks he truly is an actual superhero. They also got to take pictures with the superheros from "The Big Show" (AKA: staff that work at the church). As you can see by JR's expressions, he was almost as excited as when he met Buzz Lightyear.

I had a fantastic week working in the nursery. I just had to smile everytime I passed by a window and saw those poor women in there jumping, dancing, singing, and crafting with the big kids. The nursery is certainly the place to be! We had between 9 and 6 kids each day and 4 workers. It was like baby heaven...a room full of rocking chairs, bouncy chairs, swings, exasaucers, and cribs. We just moved them from one apparatus to the next.
Everyone that had been teaching the big kids all week looked so tired today. While we were taking the babies out for their daily buggy ride I saw one older lady with 4th grade kids who told me, "I want to be doing what you're doing!" Speaking of the buggy ride, here they are on their ride...aren't they cute? Anybody who was awake during buggy time got to go...and wouldn't you know it, mine were always awake...it was like they were staying up waiting for it!

Yep, I learned my lesson many years ago....it's nursery city for me, baby!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great week for everybody - JR being the star of the show and, of course, Kyle and Reed the cutest babies in the nursery and their Mom - well, she is somethying else!!! Job well done, getting all 3 + Mom to school looking the bestest every day.
GS

Kristi said...

JR looks so proud! And I think that baby buggy is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Amen! and God bless VBS workers.MR