Thursday, July 24, 2008

Those Dancin' Baptists

Sure we had snowcones back in my day of Vacation Bible School, but one thing I can guarantee we didn't have....dancing. 2nd Baptist has a whole big production of a show for the kids each day, aptly named, "The Big Show". It's part Broadway play, part musical, and part (gasp!) dancing. Dancing? Dancing? Did I just say dancing? Oh yes, I did. Are the Baptist becoming...oh I don't know....Methodists? Well, I wouldn't count on any Baptist sponsored teen dances anytime soon. But seems they are encouraging the kids to dance along with the songs their teaching them. They told us we could download the theme song for VBS off their website, and when I did, JR broke out into routine. Now breaking out into routine is all me...but his routine technique I might have to give his daddy credit for. Enjoy the video...Oh, and just when you think he's about worn out, he gets his second wind and really kicks it into high gear. There's music, so if you're at work turn your speakers down. Enjoy....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go JR....I think he is wasting his time with hockey, soccer and maybe even swimming - WE GOT US A DANCER!!!!! I bet you are the star of the show - which I must say would be a trait taken from your mother, but yeah, you are right, he definately has added some Jason moves to it.

GS

Kristi said...

You go, JR. Nice moves!

Anonymous said...

He's got the spirit! Maw maw