Sunday, July 20, 2008

Working Vacation

I'm going back to work tomorrow. Okay, so I'm working at vacation bible school this week...but let me tell you...that's WORK! The last time I worked VBS Jason and I had just gotten married. I was still teaching school then, so I was used to teaching all day. And I'm here to tell you, I have never been so worn out in my life. I would come home and fall on the couch for a nap. 2nd Baptist has a serious VBS program. It's nothing like the VBS I grew up with....pledge the Christan flag, sing a few songs, have a lesson, make a craft (i.e. color a picture), get a snowcone, play a game, say a prayer, go home. Now the crafts alone are enough to wear me out. Last year's theme was Round Up, and on the first day JR brought home a stick horse he had made. A stick horse! This year's theme is Super Heroes. I can only imagine what they've come up with for the kids to make (I'll keep you updated). Anyway, this year I wised up, I'm working in the nursery. I'm in the same room as Kyle and Reed, and I'm almost certain the Baptists can't expect them to make crafts, although with the Baptists you just never know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just never know. JR should really enjoy the Super Hero theme. When I was little, my favorite part of Baptist VBS was sword drill or Bible drill (can't remember the name) but this Presbyterian NEVER could win.

Anonymous said...

And, futhermore, I almost lost my religion last year at VBS when I helped with the 4-year-olds.

Kristi said...

Hope you are having fun at VBS. I always loved VBS in Huntsville...especially the songs like "STOP! And tell the story..."