Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Baby Talk: Tearin' Up the Joint

Kyle: Y'all may have forgotten us. We're the twins Mommy had about 8 months ago.
Reed: She's been totally hogging the blog; we haven't written in a whole month.
K: We told her how upset we were about the blog situation, and since we're the babies, she said we could write on it whenever we wanted.
R: So we just might take over for the next few days!
K: Mommy and Daddy are all in a tizzy these days about how long we've been living here at Granny Sherry's.
R: I don't know what they're so worried about, Granny said we could make ourselves at home...so we did.
R: Here's one of the first things I learned to do. I can pull up on Granny's big cushy ottoman. I taught myself that pretty fast, now I'm trying to figure out if I can crawl on top of it. I'm thinking these big black pillows I'm standing on will give me just enough height to throw my leg up there...I'm sure I'll be doing that any day now.

K: At first I was a little upset to discover that Pee-Wee has more toys than I do. But then after I got the basket turned over, I found out how much fun they can be! Pee-Wee's pretty excited about it too...now he can get to the toys that were at the bottom of the basket.


K: Mommy kept hollering something about "No!" and "Dog Toys" and "Mouth" and then she'd take them away from me. But around day 7 of us being here, she just gave up. These toys are great, they even squeak when I chew on them!


K: The other really great thing Pee-Wee has is his own door. I know it must be for Reed and me too since it's just our size! We still haven't figured out how to get ourselves through it, but dropping our toys through it is a blast! I can also hold it up and just take a look outside whenever I want! So cool!


R: My favorite thing is this flower cart Granny Sherry has. I can climb in the bottom of it and Mommy will find me hanging half out of it all the time. Granny even has this soft blanket in it so I don't hurt my face when I launch myself in it.


Granny's bottom shelves got cleared out pretty fast, and look how fun these cubes are to crawl through. And if you get a toy, you can bang it inside of here and it makes the most fabulous loud noise!


I love crawling through these too, but as you can see, there's some stuff on the middle shelf. I've already made it to one of the middle shelves, but Mommy cleared it out too fast for me to find out what was on it. But don't worry, when Mommy's not looking, I'll climb up to one of those other shelves and let you know what's up there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Granny Sherry's house looks like LOTS of fun for two little boys. MR

Anonymous said...

Jan, I look forward to the events
of your Family!
Baby Talk is so cute and all the
things JR gets into...
Prayerfully, you will have power
soon!
Michael and Jodi have another little girl,Kyla Elizabeth born September 4, 2008,during Hurricane Gustav in Baton Rouge, La. These
were scary times with no power...
I told Jodi I don't know anything
about birthing babies, just loving
them after they are here!
It really makes you thankful and
grateful for God's love and protection when you survive these storms, doesn't it...
You need to publish a book! I'm sure it would be a "Best Seller"!
My love always,
Cousin Billie

Anonymous said...

Looks like Jan doesn't have a chance to sit down--chasing two crawling boys. And what a fun obstacle course they have at Granny Sherry's house
Lu