Monday, September 8, 2008

Inappropriate Laughter

My mom and I have a real problem with inappropriate laughter, especially when we're together. We'll get fixated on something, and then we can't stop laughing. Then we start laughing at each other, and it just gets bad. The last time we had a really bad case of it was at a wedding. The groom was obviously and blatantly drunk...Wow, that wedding was entertaining! Thank goodness it was a big wedding and we were near the back. To this day if we mention that wedding, my mom and I start giggling. BTW, the groom was so drunk that at the reception he told me to "give him a call soon". Anyway, the inappropriate laughter happened again today. My mom went with me to the twins first day of Tiny Tots and Tunes at the church. It's exactly the same as Gymboree except half the songs are Christian songs, and it only costs $10 a kid instead of $200 a kid. The laughter started almost as soon as class did. One of the first songs was a marching song. The teacher told us to all stand up and march with the kids. As the music started, my mom and I were on our knees helping the kids stand up to "march". We had them "marching" and then the teacher said, "Swing your arms! Swing your arms!". That's when my mom hollered, "Swing your arms?! Kyle's holding on for dear life!" I know it's not that funny, but the whole ridiculousness of the situation hit us with that comment and we started laughing. Then, to make things worse, my mom would holler out to the beat of the music, "March for Jesus! March for Jesus!" By this time, I had tears running down my face I was laughing so hard. So what did I do? I started hollering, "March for Jesus! March for Jesus!" right along with her. So inappropriate, but so funny. Needless to say, after 45 minutes of Tiny Tots and Tunes my mom and I were more worn out than the babies. And here's what they looked like by the time they got home...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you didn't have the camera rolling for that. I can just hear you singing "March for Jesus". Sounds like loads of fun--and what a memory!
Lu

Me Me Me said...

I can just you both now! I love laughing with my momma too :)

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine the other tots were probably more entertained by MawMaw's marching song - the teachers should be grateful for such participation. It must have been a rough day, I don't think I have ever seen either one of them in shoes, say nothing about both of them at one time.
GS

Friedt Family said...

Hi Jan, this is Beth and I'm part of the MN group of relatives:-) I'm Jerry and JoAnn's granddaughter, Nancy's daughter. We've never officially met and it's been years since I saw Jason but I read your blog often to keep up and it's usually the funniest moment in my day, you really should write books, you're hilarious!! But I had to respond to this post because I can SOOOO relate! My sister Robin and I are the WORST at inappropriate laughter, we are most often stricken at church! Anyway, thanks for the blogs and keep them coming because those of us up here in the tundra love to read about our relatives in the warm south:-)

Jan said...

Thanks Beth! I'm so glad I'm entertaing y'all in the Great White North!