Friday, September 12, 2008

The Ingys and Ike-7:30 A.M.

We've had non-stop news coverage of Hurricane Ike since yesterday morning. We haven't seen anything else on TV now for 24 hours (I'm happy to let JR watch "his shows" just to get a break from it). The latest news still has Ike hitting Galveston, we're hoping to be on the west side of the storm when it hits, as that is the "clean" side. The "dirty" east side produces all the tornadoes. The models they are showing now have the hurricane going right through downtown Houston, so I guess we won't be worrying about east or west, and we'll be dealing with the eye. It's still a beautiful day, but parts of Galveston and Kemah are already under water do to the storm surge. Here's the latest map from Channel 2 here in Houston. I've chosen them as my news provider since their weather men haven't been getting hysterical.

2 comments:

Me Me Me said...

We like Channel 2 as well for the same reason ;)
~allison

Anonymous said...

Channel 2 is my choice too, for the same reason---and I grew up watching Ron Stone and Doug Johnson (weatherman) on channel 2.
Lu