Thursday, October 2, 2008

Has JR Met Me?

I'm a little worried about my eldest child. I've either pulled the wool over his eyes better than I could have ever imagined or he doesn't know me at all. Today he asked me:
JR: Mommy, Can we open a restaurant in our house?
Me: Um...JR, Who would do the cooking?
JR: You would.
(Yes, you may burst out laughing. I almost did.)
Me (with a straight face): You want me to cook?
(At this point I'm thinking, Wow! That lunch of Chef Boyardee raviolis and Doritos must have been awesome.)
JR: Well, I could help you. (Okay, so he has tasted my cooking.)
Me: What would we serve?
JR: All the foods in the whole wide world.
Me: I don't know how to cook all the foods in the whole wide world. (Understatement of my life.)
JR: Daddy can. Can't Daddy cook everything?
Me: Pretty much, but Daddy has a job.
JR: Daddy can cook when he gets home. And we have a cooking book (he goes and gets my cookbook that has about 10 recipes in it). We could put tables downstairs and upstairs.
Me: But if we have a restaurant at our house we won't be able to go out to eat.
JR: When we want to go out to eat we'll just put out a sign that says 'closed'.
Me (Seeing that he's really set on this crazy restaurant idea): JR, I don't think we can have a restaurant in our house.
JR: Okay, so we can put the tables in the backyard. Everybody can eat there.
Me (Seeing that he's really set on this crazy restaurant idea): Well, you'll have to ask your daddy when he gets home.

5 comments:

Me Me Me said...

awwww, I used to want to open a restaurant when I was little and have my Grandma do all the cooking. I would call it "The Taco Nazi"

Anonymous said...

I would eat there. JR can cook better than I can. Do you think Paula would let you use the name "LADY and THREE SONS"? MR

Me Me Me said...

That would awesome! Except it should be "Lady and Three Sons, One of Which Can Actually Cook" :p

Kristi said...

Well, at least he has his plan well thought out. Maybe you could provide the fabulous uniforms and entertainment!

Anonymous said...

This story sounds a little familiar - JR's Father wanted to open a drive through restaurant from our kitchen window when he was little - small problem, no where to go after you got to the garage - the engineering mind never got that far.

GS