Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Minor Crisis

I didn't post a blog last night because I found myself in the middle of a minor crisis. Let me start the story by saying that I let the babies eat some blackberries at dinner last night...Now fast forward to bedtime. Jason had a work dinner, so he wasn't home. JR was showered and ready for bed and I was reading to him in the playroom (I normally read to him in his room, but when Jason's not home it has to be the playroom so I can also keep an eye on the babies). The babies are into everybody's business, and about 3 pages into our second book, Reed had already been in my lap, JR's lap, tried to take the book away from me, and tried to rip the pages from another book. I knew Kyle was laying on the floor at my feet, but found it strange that he too hadn't been pulling the same antics as Reed. I bent down to check on him and saw that he had spit up. As I pulled him into my lap to clean him I noticed he had something in his mouth and that his bald head was now glittery. Somehow a broken Christmas tree ornament had gotten underneath the couch and Kyle was eating it. I stuck my fingers in his mouth and pulled out a huge chunk of the ornament. Putting my fingers that far down his throat caused him to throw up and then throw up again. At this point Kyle is doing his broken hearted cry (I cry the same way when I throw up), while Reed is crawling around in the mess. Remember I told you I had given them blackberries at dinner, so my carpet looked like the Glitter Fairy came over and had one too many glasses of red wine. JR was now squealing, jumping and jiving while I was still trying to calm Kyle down (and yes, I'm covered in "Glitter Fairy wine" too). It was then that I thought to myself, "I could really use some help right about now." I'm happy to say that everything turned out fine. Everybody got cleaned up, and the carpet looks better than I thought it would. After all that commotion, I really wasn't into blogging, or emailing, or even turning on the computer. So I just sat on the couch for awhile. (And then worked on Reed's stocking, that thing is a killer...but that's another blog.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness everything turned out okay. Those two little things are faster than a speeding bullet and can crawl under and over anything in their path. Maw-Maw

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I call that major crisis and sounds like you handled it really well at least until it was over and then you are allowed to fall apart. I bet there was some kind of squealing going on between you and JR!!!
GS

Kristi said...

Ohmygoodness!!! I would have totally freaked.