Sunday, November 9, 2008

A New Fave

The part of Houston we live in is really an older part of town. It's the suburbs that get all the really great new stores and restaurants. I'm so excited, because finally, we've now got something brand, spankin' new. And let me tell you, it is brand, spankin' new fabulous! The new H.E.B (big grocery store chain in Texas) opened up on Thursday and we made our first trip there today. Unfortunately for us, we'll only be able to enjoy it for a few more weeks before the move, but I'm thinking I can find a reason to visit everyday. The excitement started in the parking lot when we discovered they have the "duly carts" (as Jason calls them). Since the babies have been born I haven't been able to go to the grocery store without Jason because if you have two car seats in the cart, there's no room for the food. I wish I'd had my camera because Kyle and Reed looked so cute sitting next to each other in the cart. They looked as happy to be there as everybody else. I'm telling you, this H.E.B is so great, it's almost up there with Super Target. The "beauty" aisle looks like a Sephora and the book and magazine section looks like a Barnes and Noble. Not that I would ever buy anything at Barnes and Noble, I'm much too conservative for that...I get all my books from a great little place called the Public Library. They had a section of Christmas decorations to rival Hobby Lobby, two rows of pinatas, and a RediClinic! They had a wine tasting going on...which totally took the edge off the big crowd, a huge meat department, and seafood department that could double as a trip to the aquarium. When we were finished shopping there were 25 checkout lanes to choose from. 25! I love my new H.E.B.! I love it so much I just might start cooking...well, maybe I don't love it that much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! 25 lanes! Even our Walmart only opens about 2 or 3. HEB gasoline is usually our best deal in Crockett.

Anonymous said...

Well, you probably won't have all these wonderful new HEB qualities in your new location, however, with the statistic differences, who would need all those check out lanes anyway! HEB ought to use your blog for a commercial, you sold me!
GS

Kristi said...

Your HEB sounds a lot like mine, and I love it, too!

Anonymous said...

HEB is true to their slogan--Here Everything's Better. I know Kristi and Sarah both agree (former HEB employees). I wish I had a great HEB, ours in a small market store.
Enjoy shopping there while you can. Durango probably has something similar.
Lu