Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Storehouse of Knowledge

Here's yet another "entertaining" driving to school conversation I had with JR:
JR: Mommy, I want a Halloween birthday party.
Me: JR, Your birthday is in May, Are you sure it's a good idea to have a Halloween birthday party?
JR: Yes, My birthday is May 29th, so is Claire's. I want a Halloween birthday party and I want to play spooky games.
Me (sleepy and frustrated with Houston traffic): JR, I really can't mess with your birthday plans right now, can we just focus on the holidays coming up?
JR: But I want to mess with it!
Me: JR, We've got Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up. Can't we talk about those?
JR: Last year Caleb (JR's cousin) brought reindeer cookies to Thanksgiving. I hope he's bringing reindeer cookies; they look like Jack.
Me: What? Who's Jack? (I'm trying to think of a cartoon with 'Jack the Reindeer'.)
JR: Jack from Jack in the Box. The reindeer cookies look like him.
Me: Oh, okay.
1 second passes
JR: Mommy, When I get the Master Lee belt (Master Lee is his taekwondo teacher) everyone is going to call me 'Master JR'.
Me: (I laugh) Yes, JR, I believe they will.

JR got his report card yesterday and one of his teacher's comments was, "JR is a storehouse of knowledge". It's conversations like that that make me positive there is really no telling what is going to come out of that child's 'storehouse' everyday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have a closer look at Caleb's reindeer cookies. I don't remember them looking like Jack. Maybe we can play "spooky" games during Thanksgiving. I'll be thinking of some. MR

Anonymous said...

Those are the moments that make up the Memory Lane books!!!! One on one, he can be just a fountain on knowledge - I have actually learned several interesting points. GS

Me Me Me said...

If there can be Christmas in July, JR can have Halloween in May!

Kristi said...

Great...I guess we have to make the reindeer cookies again, huh? :)

Jan said...

Oh yes, JR is expecting reindeer cookies from his cousin Caleb!;-)