Thursday, January 1, 2009

Durango Move Day 1

The house was emptied and the truck was loaded by 7:00 P.M. Monday night. We pulled out and headed for the Lost Pines Resort in Bastrop. We got there about 9:15 and left at 1:00 the next day so I don't have lots of details, but from the few hours I was there I can highly recommend it. They had a huge Christmas tree in the lobby and I took this super cute picture of the kids. I took it while Jason was packing up the car. 2 ladies were reading books by the fireplace and obviously we were way more entertaining than their books since they sat there and laughed at me trying to take this picture. I just can't imagine what they found so amusing...

Picture attempt #1: JR drops Kyle. Reed is surveying how many things he can grab off the tree.

Picture attempt #2: Kyle crawls away, Reed still busy picking out which ornament he is about to rip off the tree. Picture is blurry since I was in mid leap to catch Kyle, I then had to go wrestle a Christmas ornament out of Reed's hand.


Picture attempt #3- Reed has now escaped, nowhere to be seen in camera view. Kyle is selecting his Christmas ornament to snatch off the tree. JR is laughing that Reed has crawled off.

Picture attempt #4- JR has them both trapped, but Kyle is still wanting to pull off an ornament, or the whole tree on top of him...either would be fine.

Picture attempt #5- Everybody looking at the camera! That's a wrap!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No book could possibly have been that entertaining. Obviously no grandmothers in the group or they would have been trying to help and we could have see their pictures also!!!

GS

Kristi said...

I'm sure that was pretty good entertainment. You managed to get a good picture, though!

Anonymous said...

I agree Lost Pines is an AWESOME place!!!! We love to go there for the weekend!