Friday, April 17, 2009

Baby Talk: Little Dudes

Kyle: I'm really mad at Mommy. She always refers to us as "the babies", and she also does this thing where she'll say, "If you're a little-bitty baby and you want to take a nap say 'me'!" or "If you're a little-bitty baby and you want to eat lunch say 'me'!" I'm guessing she wants us to holler out 'me', but since we can't say that word yet, I'm not really sure what's up with that little routine of hers. But honestly, I think all her talk of us being 'little-bitty babies' has come true! We went to the doctor yesterday for our 15 month check-up. We were sure we were going to make it on the growth chart this time. Unfortunately, nope. In fact, we've only gained about a pound since our 12 month check-up. Mommy always carries us at the same time, so she knew that I weighted more than Reed, and she was certain we weighted 20 lbs. Umm, not so much. I came in at 19 lbs 11 oz and Reed is 19 lbs 1 oz. And to add further insult to injury, Mommy went and looked up what JR weighted at 15 months. Oh yes, Wonder Boy, JR, clocked in at 27 1/2 lbs when he was our age. Just another example of how fabulous and wonderful JR was/is. We get it, people! Big Brother's great...so can we put the focus back on us now?
Reed: Who cares if we're little? The doctor says we're fine. Plus everybody tells us how cute we are. I say we milk this "little thing" for all it's worth. By the way, I'm mad at Mommy too. I was having a blast playing with the magnetic wall at the doctor's office. It was great....They had stripped me down to my diaper, I was moving magnets around the wall, and the doctor was messing with Kyle. I was having a blast. Then all of a sudden, here comes Mommy gettin' all up in my business! She swoops me up, and expects me to sit there nicely while the doctor starts messin' with me. I let them know quick I was having none of that. I heard Mommy telling Daddy I "was bad" while the doctor was examining me. Whatever! Mommy was the bad one for interrupting my play time. And I sure let Mommy and the doctor know I was mad! Then guess what they did to us? Gave us each 2 shots! I'm tellin' ya...these people are crazy if they thought I was going to sit up there and be "good" during all that. Whatever, Dude!

2 comments:

Granny S said...

It's OK Dudes - Tiny not only equals terrible, it equals terrific and trendy and lil' treasures and of course, totally the cutest "Dudes" in colorado.

Anonymous said...

"If you're a little-bitty baby and Maw-Maw thinks you're cute, say 'Me'!