I used to think the moms that talked about summer camps were crazy. They seemed in such a panic to make sure their kids were all signed up for camps and activities. I thought it was just some kind of status thing...until I spent summer (and spring break) not having anything lined up for JR. I won't ever make that mistake again. JR and I both need summer activities for him to keep us both sane. I spent the weekend trying to organize his summer schedule (yes, it really does take planning and scheduling), and as of this afternoon he's all signed up and paid up. Woo-Hoo! Here's what JR's summer looks like:
- Last Day of school-May 21
- Last week of May-open (hoping he's old enough to take a golf clinic)
- 1st three weeks of June- tennis lessons (T, TH), skateboarding lessons (M,W,F) I know, I can't believe there's such a thing as skateboarding lessons!
- June 20th- leave for Houston
- June 21-July 18th-Texas. While in Houston he'll attend Vacation Bible School for a week.
- Week of July 19th-return to Durango-my family visits
- Last week of July-day camp at the ski mountain all week
- 1st week of August-family vacay (We're going to Yellowstone.)
- 2nd week of August-kayaking day camp. I think they teach them in the indoor pool, and then if they get good enough, they let them kayak down a calm part of the river. (He's most excited about this, with skateboarding a close second.)
- 3rd week of August-visit from Jason's family, wrapping up the weekend with an antelope hunt in New Mexico.
- School starts Monday, August 24th
That should keep him busy, and keep us both happy!