Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Local-ized

Wow, it's another big 3 post day. But Grandmothers, I'm warning you, you probably won't like 2 of the stories.
So I'm doing my best not to stick out here. Not fit in, just not stick out. I also don't want JR to stick out, so look what I let him wear to school today. Shorts! I know! It was 43 degrees this morning, and since it wasn't freezing I think that's the 'all clear' to send your kid to school in shorts. (All the other kids at the bus stop were wearing them.) Texans, can you imagine how many layers we'd have on our kids if it was 43? We'd have no less than a hat, scarf, and mittens...and I sent mine to school in shorts! JR was thrilled when I told him I might let him wear shorts today. He said, "Mommy! I'm wearing shorts and a short-sleeved shirt." When I talked to my mom and told her I sent JR in shorts she said something like, "Can you do that?" Well, I did. I'm assimilating to my new culture. And really, if Jason keeps moving us around like this, I'll be so cultured there won't be anything left to shock!

2 comments:

Granny S said...

I dressed warmer than that and it is near 80!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie . Maw-Maw