Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Break Day 3

I couldn't believe it, everybody slept in today! It was about 8:30 when everybody got up and we decided to take advantage of the beautiful spring day and head down the road to Vallecito Lake. JR had a blast learning to water ski, and the babies and I enjoyed cheering him on. After a beautiful day at the lake, we dropped by the Natural Foods CO-OP where I stocked up on organic fruits and veggies. Cooking organically is so important to me, and it's super convenient to have the CO-OP right here in town. After dinner, the new live-in housekeeper/nanny that Jason hired for me arrived, so I ran into town to have a massage and a mani-pedi. In fact, it was such a great day, I'm quite sure you're all aware that this is one big April fools.
The real day started when JR woke at 6:25. And since he clomps around the house like a big ol' elephant, and the babies are true Ingersolls and worried they might miss something, their eyes flew open about 6:28. It was a cloudy,overcast day here in Durango, with on and off snow flurries all day, I believe the high was about 38. On a high note, JR did love dinner tonight, and told me my tacos (canned chicken with cheese, Ranch, and Pace) were even better than Lunchable tacos. Which coming from JR means he thinks I served him a gourmet meal. And on the housekeeping front, I'm about to go fold my 6th load of laundry. Woo-hoo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorites: Cadbury eggs, jellybeans, and peeps..cute new pictures. MR

Granny S said...

I thought for a moment I had connected with the wrong blog. Although, the pretend atmosphere was fun for the moment. I kept forgetting it was April Fool's Day and I must admit, I was "had" by your wish day!

Anonymous said...

You totally had me until the thing about organic foods! I was thinking when did Jan become concerned about cooking, much less, organic foods. thanks for the laugh.
Lu

Friedt Family said...

You got me too...right up until the waterskiing part...I'm from a snowy climate and I know it's WAY too early for waterskiing:-)