Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

JR got off the bus today with these cute paper flowers in hand.
JR: Mommy! These flowers are not your surprise we're making at school.
Me: Well, they sure are pretty.
JR: I know. Today's Mexican Day, so we made them.
Me: You mean, Cinco de Mayo.
JR: Yes! Cinco FO Mayo.

I know. As a native Texan I should be ashamed that my child's Chinese accent is better than his Spanish one. But I think we were both redeemed as our conversation continued.
JR: And since it's Cinco FO Mayo, we are supposed to eat Mexican food tonight.
Me: Boy that sounds good, I sure could use a margarita. (Oops, did I say that out loud?)
JR: And I want a tamale.

Tamale, margarita, chips and salsa.
Ummmmm....
Tex-Mex, mi amigo, Oh how I miss thee.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll celebrate Cinco FO Mayo with lots of Tex-Mex when you get here. Maw-Maw

Kristi said...

LOL! We will be sure to have some for y'all! ;)