Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I See London, I See France

Hey Everybody! Guess what? Mommy's letting me (Kyle) write the blog today because I'm the good baby. And if you're wondering about this ridiculous hat Mommy is making me wear...we got them yesterday. Mommy found out that UV rays increase 4% for every 1,000 feet of elevation. So that means the sun is 28% stronger here than it is in Houston. (Are you impressed with my math skills? I got those from Daddy.) So she's making us wear these silly hats now, even though it was cloudy and 60 degrees today. But back to my story, so Reed and I were at the high school tennis courts watching JR during his tennis lesson. Aren't the mountains in the background pretty?

Thank you, Kyle, but that will be quite enough from you. You're just as much to blame for this little incident as Reed, so I'll take it from here.
There was an open tennis court this morning, so the babies were having a great time throwing and chasing tennis balls. About halfway through JR's lesson, my friend, Marcia, called me from Dallas. As soon as I started talking, Kyle started crying. I don't know if he wanted to talk (they love to "talk" on the phone), was mad I wasn't paying enough attention to him, or was just generally disgruntled, but in an effort to continue my conversation somewhat uninterrupted, I picked him up. Of course this made Reed mad. Now completely unamused with his throw and chase the tennis ball game, Reed comes running across the court in hysterics. I can't put Kyle down (he's the sensitive one, you know) or he'd start to cry, and I can't pick Reed up because I've got the phone in the other hand. So I'm trying to talk to Marcia and just ignore Reed who is now pulling on my shorts trying to climb up my leg. I was wearing "running shorts" so they have an elastic waistband, and although Reed is still a featherweight at less than 20 lbs, he was able to pull my shorts almost to my knees. Since I was trying to listen to Marcia (her husband cut his leg to the tendon and had to get 65 stitches) and balance Kyle, it took me a minute to realize what had happened. So there I am...baby in one arm, phone in the other, and pink panties for everyone to see! We're back at the skate park tomorrow, and feel free to call me...I'm going to make sure and wear some shorts that button!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pink panties, woo hoo! where is candid camera when you need it?
LOL
Lu

Anonymous said...

I need to get some dog leashes for you to snap on those two. MR

Granny S said...

We need to teach to two to take pictures at times like these - and the value of blackmail!

Shelly said...

What time will you be at the skate park? My lunch is at 1. If you're going to be there and it's not raining, maybe I'll swing by.

Jan said...

We skate early, 9-10 AM M,W,F

Allison said...

I LOVE the new hats! Perfect for blocking out that sun! Are they still too young for sunscreen?

Jan said...

No, we do the spray sunscreen, but they were still getting sunburned! The hats are perfect for those little bald heads, and are SPF 35 themselves!

Friedt Family said...

Oh my goodness...well, at least you were wearing pretty panties, I would have been caught with enormous pregnancy panties on!!!

Allison said...

I wear a hat and sunscreen too ;)
Baby Girl even has an SPF 35 hat too!