Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pretty Platy-Purfect

JR has started to draw more lately (markers only...I'm guessing crayons are too girly for him). And left to his own devices, you pretty much have to guess (and ask) what he's drawn. But if you sit with him and help, he's not bad. And when I say "help" it's really more about talking him through it. Tell him to go draw a picture of himself and he winds up looking like a scary alien. But if I sit with him and say, "Now draw a circle for your head, give yourself two eyes..." it's amazing the difference. Today as I was fixing lunch he said, "I'm going to draw Perry The Platypus." (For those of you who don't have kids: Disney Channel has a cartoon called Phineas and Ferb. It's actually really funny, and Perry The Platypus is their pet who also doubles a secret agent.) Since I was getting lunch ready, I fully expected Perry The Platypus to look more like an octopus. So you can imagine my shock when JR drew him pretty spot on (for a 6 year old anyway). He kept saying, "Now Mommy, This is Perry The Platypus in pet form." As apposed to Perry the Platypus when he wears a hat and becomes a secret agent. So here's JR's Perry (in pet form) along with the real Perry (in pet form)...Sure JR's version is sporting an octopus's 8 legs, but he remembered those platypus 3 tufts of hair!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the Ingy Junebugs are enjoying art class this summer. MR

Granny S said...

Great job JR...by the way, I think that show is pretty funny too, but I try not to let anyone catch me watching it!!