Friday, June 19, 2009

Skate Dude 2

So I got to the skate park today and my camera battery was dead. (Note to self: new camera gives a one picture notice before the battery runs out.) I was so disappointed, because I couldn't believe all the cool stuff Skate Dudes had JR doing by the end of class today. I'm going to get them to work with him some more when we get back, so I'll be sure and get some video then. Unfortunately, all I have are some pictures taken with my camera phone. Sorry, Grandmothers!

JR with his teachers. It was a whopping 66 degrees this morning. I guess that means it's hot enough for Skate Dudes to go shirtless.


Here's JR getting ready to go down "the medium beginner ramp". Now look to the far right of the picture. See the kid in the red shirt. By the end of class today JR was able to do that too! Of course he couldn't get up that high, but he was going up about halfway. Very exciting stuff.



Coming back up the ramp after going down it.


I know I need more video and better pictures! I'll make sure my battery is charged next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only does the skate boarding seem to be right up his alley, but the shirtless part makes him a prime canidate for the "skate dude" of the future.

Anonymous said...

Wow for JR. He will never want to leave Durango--can't say that I would blame him either.
Look forward to seeing y'all when you get back to the land of "humidity". Have a safe trip home and enjoy El Paso! ANd belated Happy 25th Flag Day! I distinctly remember your first flag day in Houston!
Lu