Monday, July 20, 2009

Extreme Water Sports Part 2

I've finally got some pictures from Jason and JR's extreme water weekends. First is Jason and Jay's rafting trip. These are the pictures Jay put on Facebook and I'm just going to use his commentary.

Day 1- getting psyched up...


Day 1 during a stretch break


Over the falls they go. The No Name Rapids, Class V.


I'm going to break from Jay's comments for a moment to add my own. Look at my husband jumping off that bridge. I'm way impressed! But now not so excited after the fact since he told me he hit the bottom of the river when he landed...Agh!


"Surfing" the current. It was hard to snap a pic while the boat was going under. They weren't supposed to grab the handle unless the guide commanded... (Jay, I would have been grabbing the handles the whole trip!)

One last picture with their guide Andy. He has a BS in Physics which Jay thinks must translates to being a heck of a guide.



Now for JR's pictures from Lake Livingston. I'm still not sure which was his favorite...tubing or rope swing, but one things for sure. He LOVED them both.






2 comments:

Allison said...

I like the rope swing! Although I'm sure I would have a hard time holding on!!

Granny S said...

The Bigger the Boys, the Bigger the Water, or something like that. Like father, like son, I guess. I am with you Jan, sometimes there is just knowledge I know I don't need ahead of time.