Sunday, July 5, 2009

Food Network Part 3

Look! Look! Look! Look! See my kids eating fruit? Look! See?! And yes, I'm so excited that certain Ingy children actually eat fruit that I will continue to take pictures and post, as it is a momentous accomplishment for me as a mother. All the while, JR continues his insane-ness about what he will and will not eat. At his last parent/teacher conference of the year I got lectured by his teacher about how he's the "worst eater" she's ever seen. She kept going on and on until I finally stoped her and said, "Listen. We've been dealing with this for 5 years. Honestly, I don't care if the boy ever eats anything at school ever again. Now, how's he doing in class?"
So look at those babies of mine just gobbling up those blueberries. (Organic, no less!) Oh, and don't worry, I'm totally not a fan of the 'baby in a T-shirt and diapers look'. Ugh! They had just come out of the pool and were getting close to heading for bed. Not to mention the fact that they're so skinny that shorts hang off of them...Their shorts were hanging between their legs so bad the other day my mom commented that they looked like they were "wearing Pentecostal dresses". Pentecostal dresses or not....look at those boys eat fruit!

2 comments:

Allison said...

What did the teacher say when you said that? Cause that's awesome Jan!!!

Are those blueberries? Yummmmmy!
Have you thought about making a fresh fruit smoothie for JR? Strawberries, blueberries, bananas and some ice, maybe some yogurt thrown in??

Jan said...

Allison, I think she looked at me like I had lost my mind, then started showing me some of his work. I have tried to make him smoothies...I even call them "milkshakes"...he sniffs them then says, "no thank you". He kills me! And yes, those are blueberries the babies are eating!