Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Turn

After all the Ingy rafting that's been going on this summer, I finally got to experience some myself. That's my cousin, Quinn, in the front with the hat, and you'll find JR and me in the back. I was happy to learn that our rafting guide does not live in a bus behind the rafting store (like Jason's guides on his trip), and that he hadn't had anybody thrown out of his raft in quite awhile.
The highlight of the trip for JR was when they let him hang on the front of the boat while we "surfed". Squeals of delight were heard all around.
So now that I've rafted the lower Animas River I'm trying to figure out if that makes me more of a local or more of a Texan. I'm thinking Texan....pretty sure locals do this in innertubes and their own kayaks.

4 comments:

Granny S said...

Now that is more like it - Texan or local, it looks like fun instead of just plain treacherous.

Kristi said...

How fun!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a fun ride. And my handsome brother is in the front of the boat--way to go. And JR had a great spot for "surfing".
Lu

Stacy said...

I LOVE rafting on the Animas!!! Soooo much fun! Even more fun (I think) to go in the duckies! The duckies are awesome!