Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hodgepodge O' Updates

The 1st day of school was deemed a success by JR. We made cookies when he got home (you didn't think I'd have them waiting for him did you?) and he took some to his teacher this morning (all his idea, he can be so sweet when he feels like it). I think Harry had some trouble with the language, but said he likes his math classes. (He's taking Trig and Functions...I can't imagine anything worse, except having to cook everyday...which will be the subject of another post.) I think he was a bit scared of the kids who "have earrings in their faces and wear big coats like it's winter". Jason and I agreed that we're a bit scared of those kids too. JR wasn't interested in having me walk with them to the bus this morning, so I said 'bye' to him in the driveway and off he went with Harry. Did I mention they both were wearing jackets? 48 degrees on the 2nd day of school. I think the high in Texas today is 102 or so.
Jason, his dad, and JR went antelope hunting this past weekend in New Mexico. This picture just cracks me up. JR posed himself, so Jason and his dad started calling him Teddy Roosevelt. JR had a great time, except for being furious that he wasn't allowed to shoot.
And finally, Kyle has his MRI in the morning. It's at 10, but I have to be there with him at 9. Poor thing can't have anything to eat or drink before we go. I could probably get away with that with Reed, but Kyle is going to be some kinda mad. Praise the Lord I only have to go to the hospital here in Durango, no Death March Drive to Albuquerque. The MRI itself should only take about 20 minutes, but they have to put him to sleep to do it. They did tell me I could stay in the room with him, so I'm happy about that. Reed is staying with a neighbor while we go. Our neighbor works from home and her son is a day older than the twins. She has a babysitter in the mornings, so it's a little combo playdate/babysitter for Reed. Hopefully he knows he can only attack and sit on his brother for toys he wants...come to think of it, I might need to give him a little refresher lesson on playdate manners.

4 comments:

Granny S said...

The Little Man sure has his pose down right for those hunting pictures. Prayers go with you and Kyle to the hospital in the morning and I will say a little one for Reed on his playdate. First one without brother? Could be quite traumatic for him too.

Anonymous said...

JR has the pose of the proud hunter. Glad to hear he was thoughtful and wanted to make cookies for his teacher--how sweet. And tell Harry that we are little afraid of those characters in trench coats too and good luck at high school. Trig!!
Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow morning for Kyle's MRI.
Lu

Mendi said...

That picture is a hoot! He is so cute & full of personality!

Friedt Family said...

I love the pose....I think he may just have a future in the modeling industry!! I hope all went well with the MRI, we are praying for you!!