Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kyle Update

We're home from Kyle's MRI. They gave him Chloral Hydrate so he would go to sleep and, boy, did he fight it. After 20 minutes he was still jumpin' and jivin' so the RN wanted to give him some more. I'm really one that doesn't like to over-medicate (my mom's got lots of Christian Scientists on her side of the family, so I must get it from them) so I told the nurse to give him just a little longer. She told me they could wait about 5 more minutes, and a few minutes later I had finally walked and bounced him to sleep. He slept through the MRI, and popped up happy as could be when it was over (especially since he got to drink down his juice). Reed also enjoyed his playdate. He was on his best manners and got to play outside and color (two of his favs). I'm still not expecting to learn anything from the MRI, but I let y'all know the results when I get them.

3 comments:

Granny S said...

I can't even imagine the two of them going different directions. Kyle without Reed - Reed without Kyle - it just don't go. I am so glad he slept for you and didn't have to take more med. Prayers are lifted for the results.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on holding back more meds! SO glad he went to sleep for you. Glad to hear that Reed did okay without Kyle. Will keep praying for the results.
Lu

Unknown said...

So glad everything went well! And so glad that Reed did good. Please let us know what we can do to help - your kiddos are such a blessing!