Saturday, October 10, 2009

Interview with a Vampire...I mean, Harry

The kids didn't have school yesterday. (Not sure why, probably because the school district figured the kids needed some extra days to work out before ski season starts.) So I took JR and Harry down to Farmington to have their haircut and for me to sneak in a quick trip to Target and Hobby Lobby. Harry woke-up about 10:40 yesterday, which was totally fine...I wish I could sleep 'til 10:40. But then he slept all the way to Farmington and back (It's about an hour and 15 minutes one way). I just assumed he must have sat up all night, as teenagers do. So when we got home I said, "Wow, Harry, What time did you go to bed last night? You must have stayed up late."
Harry's reply: No, I went to bed at 10:30.
Me: Really? You must be really tired to sleep all the way to Farmington and back.
Harry: No. The sunshine makes me sleepy.
Me: What? How's that, the sunshine is supposed to make you feel awake.
Harry: No. The sunshine puts me to sleep. At school if the sunshine touches me, I want to take a nap.
Me: Huh. I guess you must be a vampire then.
To which Harry started laughing (he loves the Twilight movie). He then told JR, "JR, you better watch out! I'm a vampire!"
Now Harry has told us all along that he doesn't like sunshine (and we have tons of bright sunshine here in Durango). I just thought it was him being Chinese. (The Chinese will never admit anything is better than something they have in China. They're very communist that way.) So we just assumed his dislike of the sunshine was because he only gets to see it about 6 times a year in Beijing due to the pollution. But, no. Seems I've got a Chinese exchange student that loves to eat, and happens to be a vampire.

1 comment:

allison said...

I remember a time when a certain young gal named Jan could sleep till way after lunch!!