Friday, October 2, 2009

It's Cold and There's Exercising

JR's school had its big fund raiser for the year this morning. And you'll never guess what a school in Durango would do to raise money. Yep, you got it...A fun run! And of course, the fun run was this morning during school, because physical fitness is certainly more important than academics! (But actually, it was a more than fabulous fund raiser...I didn't have to buy any Sally Foster wrapping paper, and I didn't even have to run. The kids do all the running!) My only real problem was we had a little cold front blow through last night. So as I got out of my car at 8:00 AM (with the babies) to watch JR run, my car thermometer read 27. Let me repeat that for emphasis: Twenty Seven! So here are some pics (and, of course, my commentary) from this morning.

The Durango fire dog, Sparky, was there to cheer on the kids.


JR gives the thumbs up that he's ready to run. He also gives the squinty "the sun is in my eyes" and the "I'm cold" shrug of the shoulders. Notice that he's got no sweatshirt for the 27 degrees. (I sent one with him, he's just not wearing it.) In his defense, most of the other kids didn't either. (Thankfully, I only saw 2 in shorts!)


Please use your "Jenny voice" here: "Run, JR, Run!"


And since we live in the fitness capital of the world, you can't just have the kids run around...You've got to give them some obstacles to make it harder!


JR and William. Check out the mountains in the background...Gorgeous day!


I was trying to get a picture with JR and his school and the mountains. It really was crazy sunny this morning, and you know how JR is about taking pictures with the sun in his eyes....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twenty seven??? Looks like you needed Sally Foster to "wrap Yourself up" in to keep warm. MR

GS said...

Why would you wear a sweatshirt when you can wear the patriotic Riverview long sleeve T-shirt I see they are all sporting - I am proud of you Mom for not letting him out in shorts.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful day! Run JR run!
(at least running warms you up!)
Lu