Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mary Lou Who?

I keep forgetting where I live. If I had remembered that I live in Extreme Fitness Land, I would have realized that the 2nd lesson of Tiny Tots is of course when you let your children hang from the regulation height gymnastics rings. So not kidding...2nd lesson and we're already dangling from the rings. Guess that means the 3rd lesson they'll break out the palmal horse. Now you know I've always got pictures, but there's just no way I can whip out a camera while I'm waiting to catch my children that are suspended 18.86 feet above the ground. (I looked it up.) But, never fear! I have completely reenacted the scene for you in illustration (except for the teacher, but she's not a main character in my story, so I left her out).
Now, as you can clearly see, I had to stand on the giant blue mat and hoist my kids up to the rings. (I'm so short I could barely get them up there.) I then had to wait for Ring Swinger to let go and make sure he didn't land on Other Brother who was crying at my leg wanting it to be his turn. (Kyle could hang on longer, but Reed could pull his legs up by his face.) And you'd think that would have filled up their hanging quota of the day, but I actually had to pull them off the door handle as we were leaving the building.
And if you're wondering when I had time to create this little portrayal...Well, I actually did it while Kyle and Reed were busy "drawing" their own little masterpieces. Note to self: colored pencils are now about 15 minutes worth of entertainment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If a picture is "worth a thousand words", this picture is worth a million. I can't quit laughing. Maw Maw

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Hanging from rings!
Lu

kyle and robin said...

ah yes - we've discovered that crayons are for eating, but pens and pencils are fun to draw with. miles always says "pencil" when he sees one. "tiny tots" sounds dangerous!

GS said...

I never realized your artist qualities - that is too funny. Almost as good as seeing it in person - actually, for a worry-wart grandmother, probably better.