Monday, November 30, 2009

Another Durango Workout

The babies were playing in the garage (I know it sounds terrible, but I park my car in the driveway and then they can ride/drive/push/crash their riding toys all over the garage. It's nice and warm in there and level...our driveway slopes down so they always go flying a million miles an hour down into the street.) when I looked at my watch and it said 3:27. JR's bus comes at 3:30 so I figured it would be fine to let them bring a toy (Kyle=Big Wheel, Reed=tennis racket) out to meet JR. I assumed there was no possible way we'd make it to the bus stop (around the corner and down the street) and that we'd meet up with JR a few yards from the house. But of course, the bus was 15 minutes late. Which gave us plenty of time to "ride" the Big Wheel and drag a tennis racket all the way. So how did we get home?
Plan 1:
JR would ride the Big Wheel home. Kyle would be entertained by the tennis racket, and I would carry JR's backpack and herd the babies home.
Plan 1 failed miserably. Kyle totally freaked out when JR took off on his Big Wheel. He went completely "Flat Stanley/boneless/slippery eel" on me and threw one of his biggest dramatic showcases to date.
Plan 2:
JR carries the tennis racket, Kyle gets on the Big Wheel and I'll push from behind. We hope Reed, with his athletic prowess, will jog along with us.
Plan 2 was nearly a success, but even with all his almost-2-year-old physical fitness, poor little Reed wound up crying and lagging behind.
Plan 3:
Put Reed on the back of the Big Wheel, and have him hang on to Kyle. I push from behind (still wearing JR's backpack).
I never thought it would work. But it did! Reed held on like a champ. I can't even imagine the amusement of my neighbors seeing me pushing a Big Wheel of twins up our mountainous (yes, mountainous...I'm a Texan) street. Needless to say, I was doing some serious huffing and puffing when we finally made it to the driveway. I'm thinking it's the next biggest fitness craze...Twin Big Wheel Pushing. Think I could market it and start making my millions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness Gracious ! M R

GS said...

I'm exhausted - must have been after dinner and near bedtime by the time you all got back to the house. I can only assume Hunts didn't make that trip or he, too, would have been trying to get on the big wheel and get the free ride back up that mountain.

Friedt Family said...

I hear it's going to be the newest addition to the Summer Olympics...and you're way ahead of the curve since you've already had your first training session!!

GS said...

Love the new artwork and pics. That appears to be a Texas size rocking chair you found there.

Anonymous said...

I am huffin and puffin--just reading this. No wonder you are sooo skinny.
Lu